…the activity we did helped me reflect on my own health and wellness in a way that will improve my personal success in my job. It also gave me a tool to help my students and the team I manage.
Your holistic approach to wellness is applicable multiculturally and across other identity barriers. I appreciate your energy and your dedication to the clients you serve is evident in the intentionality of your sessions as well as the enthusiasm you exude during them. Thank you again!
Alicen Schade, Show Manager | Up with People
About Our Workshops
Our workshops provide the opportunity to explore the SPEAK™ model and put it into action. We use creativity, reflection, humor, honesty, and personal experience to educate participants in a meaningful way.
For each workshop using the SPEAK™ model, participants will:
- Leave with information about speaking up, having more confidence, and being heard.
- Be informed about practical ways to use the SPEAK™ model in everyday life to speak for one’s self.
Giving Voice to Your Vision: A Comprehensive Workshop to Master the SPEAK™ Model
Having a chronic illness or major life shift poses big questions like, Who am I now?, What do I want to do next?, How have I changed?, and Where do I go from here? These questions can create difficult emotions. They also open up opportunities for change and celebrating strengths!
Giving Voice to Your Vision is a hands-on workshop dedicated to conceptualizing answers to some of these questions. This experience provides the opportunity to reflect and start to develop your “new normal”.
- Use a combination of creative and practical ways to assess different aspects of wellness and energy allocation, construct a vision board, set tangible goals, and use the SPEAK™ Model to work toward completion of vision-related goals.
- Stimulate clarity, motivation, and an opportunity to tap into creativity.
- Leave continuing to reflect on new ideas, pursuits, an goals.
SPEAK™ for Higher Education Professionals
- Recognize that it is the responsibility of ALL Higher Education Professionals to be informed and equipped to use best practices to serve students with chronic conditions.
- Practice a step by step method that is relevant to both the professional and the student.
SPEAK™ for Professional Development
- Take on an active role as a team member by being able to identify problems, create solutions, and advocate for best outcomes.
- Practice using the SPEAK™ model through role-play, individual reflection, and team building activities.
SPEAK™ and the Dimensions of Wellness
- Assess current wellness and set goals for each of the dimensions of wellness.
- Construct plans for advocating for themselves and achieving their goal.
- Be informed about preparing for doctor appointments, planning for self-care, and building a support team.
SPEAK™ for Healthcare Professionals
- Explore new ways to partner with patients to put the WE in wellness.
- Gain new insights about empowering patients to SPEAK™.