and our Mission
Casey Shank, M.Ed., LPCC founded Chronic Advocacy after recognizing the need for self-advocacy in her own health journey.
After years of living with multiple chronic conditions, she noticed she had been using a successful pattern of communication to make sure her needs where met. Casey developed the SPEAK™ model as an easy, comprehensive step-by-step way to walk through the process of self-advocacy.
Realizing that she had found ways to advocate for herself beyond the doctor’s office, Casey has been able to quickly create care plans and learn more about treatment options for her conditions. With intentional, ongoing efforts, she has been able to create a community of support, complete her Master’s degree, and execute a plan for her continued employment during periods of intense, exhaustive medical procedures.
Casey resides in Denver, Colorado where she continues to live in a way that best supports her health, love of community, and dream to educate and provide essential tools for others. She believes in the power of self-advocacy and has seen it improve not only her life, but the lives of others.
She is intentional about her own self-care by spending time with her loved ones and participating in adventures that include travel and trying new things which push her to go beyond her perceived abilities. She would love to be one part of your health journey and is ready to support you wherever you may be in that journey.
Just want the basics?
- M.Ed. in Counseling and Career Development with a Focus on Higher Education
- 8 years in Higher Education Promoting Whole-Person Wellness
- Diagnosed with a Chronic Health Condition at 16
- Ovarian Cancer Survivor – Diagnosed at 32
- Created SPEAK™ model for Self-Advocacy
- Works with Individuals and Groups to Increase Effective Communication, Personal Wellness, and Confidence
- Incorporates a Holistic Approach with all Sessions, Workshops, and Speaking Engagements